Five Common Causes of Concrete Damage
While concrete is one of the most durable building materials available, it is not indestructible. Over time, even the best- quality concrete can succumb to the effects of weathering, wear and tear, and poor maintenance. When this happens, it’s important to address the issue as soon as possible to avoid further damage and the need for more extensive (and expensive) repairs down the road.
Here are five of the most common causes of concrete damage:
1. Temperature extremes – Hot weather can cause concrete to crack and flake, while cold weather can make it brittle and prone to breaking.
2. Water damage – If concrete is not properly sealed, water can seep in and cause it to deteriorate.
3. Chemical damage – Certain chemicals can react with concrete, causing it to break down and crumble.
4. Vehicle traffic – Heavy vehicles can crush concrete, leaving it cracked and misshapen.
5. Poor quality concrete – Using sub-standard concrete or failing to properly cure it can lead to a host of problems, including cracking, flaking, and premature deterioration.
If you notice any damage to your concrete, it’s important to have it repaired as soon as possible. Ignoring the issue will only make it worse and more expensive to fix down the road.
There are a number of ways to repair concrete, depending on the severity of the damage. Often, small cracks and holes can simply be filled with new concrete. More serious cracks may require a concrete patch.
Wood River Concrete Contractors uses a variety of different concrete repair methods, however, we typically prefer to use spray foam and concrete, which works extremely well. We will examine the damage and determine the best repair method during our evaluation.
Good as New
Once we have repaired your concrete, it will look as good as new and be very functional as well. We also provide services for concrete coating for protection against the elements.
If you have concrete that needs to be repaired, contact us today. We provide both residential and commercial concrete repair services, so there is no job too big or small.
Servicing Wood River, IL and the Surrounding Metro East Areas